Become a Member
The Sculptors’ Society of British Columbia welcomes all sculptors and people with an interest in sculpture to join our growing group. We offer professional, associate or student memberships. Currently, the Sculptors’ Society of British Columbia reviews applications on a monthly basis. The Society operates with the volunteer efforts of its members and welcomes artists who can demonstrate a professional level of artistic work and an interest in contributing to the Society.
How to Apply
Please send a link to your website to email@example.com .
If you do not have a website, please apply by downloading the membership application. Then send the completed form by regular mail or email along with the following:
- Your contact information: Name, Address, City, Postal Code, Home Phone, Cell, email and website if you have one.
- Curriculum Vitae (bio) listing your education and or experience and interest. You may include exhibitions, commissions, awards/scholarships, collections, etc.
- Artist’s Statement regarding your work and goals
- A portfolio of digital or quality colour photographs of at least 5 and no more than 10 recent works. You may send two views of each. (for a total of 20 photographs). Please label each sculpture by title, medium, dimensions and the year created (if sending digital files please limit the file size to 1 MB per image).
- Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of your submission materials.
- Please do not enclose a cheque until you have been accepted.
Membership Fees (Annual)
Sculptor Member: $75.00
Sculptors approved by a vote of a majority of members in good standing of the Society at a general meeting. Sculptor Members are entitled to vote at meetings of the Society. (Works for exhibits are not juried when held by the Society. Where we submit to accredited galleries that host our exhibits, we are often required to have our works juried by those entities).
Associate Member: $40.00
Associate members need not be sculptors but be interested in sculpture and the arts and are welcome to join. Associate Members are welcome to participate in but not vote at meetings of the Society. An Associate Member may become a Board Director. Associate Members are invited to attend all exhibitions and attend such open studio visits that may be held by members. They may submit works for exhibitions juried by Sculptor Members of the Society.
Student member: $20.00
As part of our community outreach, the SSBC is now making student memberships available. Students can attend artist open studios as offered by the senior members, have the chance to network with professional sculptors with a range of skills and receive invitations to exhibitions. We are hoping to make more opportunities available to student members for exhibiting with the SSBC. Students are encouraged to volunteer some time and skills with the society. Any significant volunteering efforts made with the Society can be recognized with a letter if requested. Student members are welcome to attend and participate, but not vote, at meetings.
Sculptors’ Society of BC
#608 – 3381 Cambie Street,
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R3
Applicants will be notified and portfolios returned as quickly as possible.
Choose Society Activities
All members are encouraged to participate in the activities of the Society. Choose at least three committees that you will assist with from time to time as required:
- Telephone Calls/Email and Mailings
- Graphic Design
- Updating website
- Grant Writing
- Exhibition Assistance
- Workshops (Assistance)
- Writing Proposals